Hybrid View

I am wheelchair bound and was wondering if anyone thinks I would be able to keep bees. I can lift 75lbs but wonder if I could get close to work the bees with the chair? I live near Lansing Michigan Clint

------------------
    Clinton Bemrose

I think anyone with the desire to do so, can raise bee's regardless of there physical limitations. As long as you have an area that you can get to in your chair that is acceptable to others that live around you then have at it & good luck. If there is anyone around that would be willing to help until you get the hang of what your doing that would be a great help .
    Good Luck
    Richard

Clinton

I see nothing wrong with you wanting to work bees even though wheelchair bound. It can be a very rewarding experience.

You do not say why you are in the wheelchair, but many with motordysfunction have been helped with apitherapy and work their own bees. In doing so many have been healed to the point that crippling arthritis, rheumatism and multiple sclerosis have been overcome to the point that hey have been able to walk again to some degree.

While this may not be your case, working bees is enjoyable and if you want to do it, then go for it. You have nothing to lose and only a whole new world to explore.

So have fun making equipment, learning to work the bees, and enjoying the products of your own hives.

Any questions along the way, just ask here on the bulletin board and I am sure that you will find many beekeepers willing to help you.

Very Best Regards:

Dee A. Lusby