Looking to become just a "backyard beekeeper" and hoping to get some recommendations as far as a couple of good books for someone new to beekeeping to get started with. All information will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Doug

Cool

There are quite a lot of good books out. Roger Morse has an excellent beginners book. I started with "BEEKEEPING, A Practical Guide" by Richard E. Bonney. It is a good starter book. Bee Culture magazine is another source for beekeeping information. Contact your local beekeeping association, the meeting can provide lots of good stuff and even some hands on. The NJ Beekeepers Association hooks up beginners with old timers as mentors. Have fun!

I may not be any help b/c I am new in this adventure myself but I seem to have really gotten some great info out of "Honey Bees & Beekeeping" written by Keith S. Delaplane.

There's a good book that I read called keeping bees by John Vivian and one called Begin to keep bees by Franklin H. Carrier (not sure if can still get this one. I got it at a beekeeping supply house that
    Mr. Carrier was owner of, and he had the book for sale.)

ABC and XYZ of Bee Keeping. This is an A.I. Root publication. You can find good deals on E-Bay. The book sells new for 35.00.

------------------
    Tim Gifford

Smile

The "Beekeepers Handbook Third Edition"by Diana Sammataro and Alphonse Avitable is an excellent book,I have learned alot from it.JOHN

------------------
    jlk

Exclamation

My family went to Barnes and Noble this weekend and while they were spaced out reading their books I wondered over to the beekeeping section and found "Beekeeping For Dummies" Very Good Book. I couldn't put it down so I bought it. I highly recommend it to everyone.

I have also bought books from Barnes and Noble. They have out of print books and if you shop around their site you can find some bargins. Later, Dale