Does anybody from Oklahoma use this board? im in central OK se of OKC. What and when is the honey flows around here? is there any associations or clubs here? any info about this region would be great.

Big Grin

Welcome aboard! I live in Sapulpa (just West of Tulsa). I have been keeping bee for about two years, so I may not have as much wisdom to offer. This board is a great place to ask question even newbie questions. I'm also a member of NEOBA North Eastern OK Beekeepers Association. They meet in Tulsa. I have not heard of any clubs out your way. Here is the link to NEoBA's website our president would probably be able to tell you more about your part of the state. I'm sure your flows are going to be different than mine.(yes to you outside of OK things are greatly different from one side of the state to the other) Your local County Extension office will be able to tell you the bloom times of your flora. Have you been getting all of this rain?

I used to live in OKC and Guthrie. Two of my sons were born there. My dad grew up in Fairview and my Grandpa lived there until he died. My uncle and two of my cousins still live in Midwest city. My Beekeeping mentor from Oklahoma was in his eighties back in the 1970's. I doubt that he's still around. I'm afraind I didn't know anyone else who kept bees there and I didn't know enough to amount to anything when I was there. The differnece between the climate in the western panhandle and the southeastern corner is pretty dramatic. Good luck.

I don't live in Ok, but was born there and still have most of my relatives there. It's a beautiful state. I'm linking a website that I think is one I found about a year ago. If you have any trouble going to the site, let me know. I may have linked it incorrectly http://pearl.agcomm.okstate.edu/insects/crop/f-7155.pdf

I live about 30 miles south of the OK/TX line in the far west .
    Joens