Thread: duragilt

Howdy I am using duragilt and have had the bees now for 24 days or so, pretty neat! anyway, there is one frame that is doubled with comb (#4 from the end), and this double comb which is two layers of comb on one side of the frame, sticks into the next frame space (#3 from the end). #3 has partial comb on it, but not in the area of the "doubled" comb on #4. I was thinking of reversing (rotating 180) #3 so as to "make" the bees use the frames "correctly", and cutting the double comb off. does this make sense? will the bees follow my lead and make comb in the frames without trying to make ""natural" comb?

Whats in the "double" comb? Eggs? Brood? If it's eggs or brood I'd probably spin it 180 degrees and put it on the outside until they hatch. Odds are the queen won't lay in it again if it's on the outside and you can pull it after they hatch. If it's full of honey and pollen, I'd pull it and put a new frame of foundation in.

Howdy, its on the lower right corner and appears to be honey.....hmmm, maybe I'll just take a spoon in there and help myself next time I'm in the hive.........