My sister and I finally completed all our hives and frames!
We spent the last couple of days painting them and enjoying the great weather here in eastern Oklahoma. We used primer and applied two coats of good quality exterior latex.
The bees are coming from Wilbanks and will be here the first week of May.
Thought I would share some pictures with you all:
As you can see, with the input from many of you, we have decided to standardize with all mediums, use SBB's, and use slatted racks. We're going to try queen excluders our first year and see how they work out.
Thanks everyone for all your input! Hope you are enjoying some great weather as well.