Im a newbie and really interested in starting a colony.

Have a 2 hectare vacant lot and wondering if the yield would be higher if you start beekeeping in a country that has no winder.

I live somewhere in southeast asia. just wondering if would make a world of difference if I start beekeeping here, yield wise.

Hi noobie -

What crop is planted on the 2 hectares?

-Barry

Have a 2 hectare vacant lot and wondering if the yield would be higher if you start beekeeping in a country that has no winder.

Reply:
    Not necessarily so. Depends upon the vegetation and bloom within a 3-5 mile radius and for your area probably within the 3 miles.

I assume you are on a vacant lot not in agriculture, just natural vegetation. If you are the only beekeeper in your area and the bloom is constant, you could possibly make a considerable amount of honey and pollen with your bees. From the acerage you quote, you could also keep a beeyard of more than one colony. Up to 30-40 would give you considerable crop to work with for family and something to sell for income.

You further wrote:
    I live somewhere in southeast asia. just wondering if would make a world of difference if I start beekeeping here, yield wise.

Reply:
    That is your decidsion to make. Let us know how things go for you. Many in SEA make an excellent living keeping honeybees and selling honey and pollen, etc.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby