Angry

Well, I had two colonies with laying workers and introduced laying nucs last week without shaking the laying worker hives out.
    The results--one hive with a queen who is laying very well and no evidence of any worker eggs (stuck on the sides of the cell, etc). There is no sign of the other queen in the other hive and the brood chamber is a mess of, the now quite annoying, drone brood. Its like a bad singles bar in there, all males and scant females.

Part of me wants to try again just to "not let the drones get the best of me" and have another hive to overwinter. The other part wants to shake the hive and be done with it.

Perhaps I am taking a poll here? Walk away or stay and fight?

Two questions though. 1. How do the bees assimilate into a another hive? Won't they be treated like robbers?
    2. The workers are laying in normal comb. Will this stretch out the indivdual cells that the next years queen will lay drones in?

Maybe I should try to sell packaged drones

Thanks for the help!

>Perhaps I am taking a poll here? Walk away or stay and fight?

The only other thing to try is to put the laying nuc on a double screen of some type for a few days prior to uniting. But you may lose another queen. I think it would probably work though.

>Two questions though. 1. How do the bees assimilate into a another hive? Won't they be treated like robbers?

A robber comes in with an attitude like "I'm gonna kick your butt and take your honey, so you may as well get outta my way!" A drifter (which these would be) comes in like "I'm lost and hungry and have no where to stay. Can I come to work for you?" The drifters are not treated like robbers.

>2. The workers are laying in normal comb. Will this stretch out the indivdual cells that the next years queen will lay drones in?

Probably the workers will cut them down to length. The queen doesn't decide to lay drone based on the depth of the cell, but on the diameter.

>Maybe I should try to sell packaged drones

I don't want any. I already have some, thanks.