Thread: Happy Customers

Finaly got enought honey for a trip to the farmers market.I had to work so i sent my sub lol what a gal.She sold 24.75 pounds not a bad day.Now I hope to get a bit more honey to keep the rest happy too.

How many pounds of honey did you harvest?

Jojo i have taken 70 pounds so far. I may get 80 or more yet but honey season is all but over here.Last year was the first year i sold any honey .I had alot of people asking when i would have some. So i did what i could to make my customers happy so far it is working.Last year i had 240 lbs of extracted and 110lbs of comb honey and sold it all.This year I am not going to have any comb and not as much extracted.I am happy to get enough to keep the customers comeing back.

Mitch,
    What about our goldenrod honey flow its about to start in a week or so pretty heavy. Im banking on that.Many people like the taste of fall honey. we are not that far from each other, in the Greatest State in the Union OHIO!!!!!!! Our 200th birthday
    Walt

>in the Greatest State in the Union OHIO!!!!!!!

I'm sure there are other opinions on that subject.

I have not ever taken off the golden rod honey i leave it for the winter.But then there is a first for everything. I see the rag weed is just starting now the golden rod is not far behind.i have 4 new hives this year ,and want to fill a med.super for winter. At the rate they are going this year for all the rain it will take them till frost.I might try a hive or 2 for the goldenrod tho,but only if all looks strong.I know we are not that far apart Walt but you have a few more weeks in the fall than i do.I learned my lesson this year on what a few weeks means in beekeeping. Oh and from the figures from last year that was from 3 hives allmost 120lb average.This year it will be more like 30 lb average.
    i am looking forward to next year.Hope to come out of the winter with all six srtong hives and do some splits for the first time. Are you getting any honey Walt?
    Bob

Greatest State in the Union OHIO!!!!!!!
    well it is pure opinion that is for sure.Lived here my whole life allmost 42 lol.Im not so sure how great it is.I allways say the great lakes best bad weather magnet there is lol.Do ya know where the airforce goes to test in bad weather lol.But then all in all if you like 2 seasons nasty and road construction its not so bad.

>in the Greatest State in the Union OHIO!!!!!!!

MB>>I'm sure there are other opinions on that subject.

Probably about 49 other opinions...

------------------
    Rob Koss

Wink

I was born in Florida, reared in SW Ohio, left there in 1971, never wanted to go back. Happy in NC, now. I still love the OSU Buckeyes(my wife's alma mater and almost mine), though!

We agree on the buckeyes for sure.been to florida didnt like it there.Nom N.C.or S.C. might be different lol. it would still be go Bucks

Angry

You Ohians!!!!!!!!!
    Shame on you . You guys forget how great Ohio is Up here when all the states in the Northeast are having 4 seasons we only have two Bad and Worst. In what other state does your state government all summer long hire Ohioians to line our roads with beautiful yellow and orange barrels creating jobs so we can pay the high taxes emposed on us .when it should be taking us 20 min to get somewhere now takes us an hour and ahalf. doing so we can see the beautiful countryside we live in . God Bless Ohio, it needs it. LOL