Question

Can anyone tell me where I can get a detailed blow by blow explanatoin of how to remove a hive from a house? I currently have four hives and want to help a friend get rid of his bees in his house while increasing my population without tearing his house apart.
    Thanks Scott

Brushy Mt has a very nice video called "free bees for you" that goes into a lot of detail on several methods including the "cone" method, which is the way to get them out without tearing up the house. Some of this is also in ABC XYZ of beekeeping. Also here's a link to taking them out as combs, which would require tearing into the wall.
    http://www.kohala.net/bees/capture/index.html

Thanks michael! very interesting link

Just gotta tell you about my latest experience. Some of you may remember me posting about finding a vacant house with comb hanging from the sofet late last winter. Well I retrieved the comb and some honey but no bees from that trip. Another Beekeeper that helped me said for me to place a Nuc box in this area and I might catch a swarm. I placed the Nuc Box on a small shelf I made with a couple of shelf barckets and scrap plywood about 3 weeks ago.

I checked the Nuc Box last Monday afternoon and I had bees all over the front of the box. Went back to get them after dark, my friend said to smoke them and they would go into the Nuc and they did just like clock work. I placed another Nuc box on the shelf so maybe I will get another swarm who knows.

Well I got them home about 10 PM and opened them up, Noticed yesterday that they were still all over the outside of the Nuc so I opened them up to put them in a deep hive body and I had 5 frames full of bees. Got them changed over into the deep with out even using smoke. Seem to be pretty gentle.
    Kinda exciting as this is my first swarm. Having Fun with Bees in S.E. Ks. Dale