Thread: Apidictor

Hello,
    I want to know the recent developments in the apidictor. Is it still manufactured? I'm intrested in buzing one new or used.
    cheers

BILLY BOB Guest

Funny thing muayad, I can't say that I've ever seen one. I read about it and though it was a great idea. I'm not sure how well it would work if you had a large number of hives.

Anybody here have one or seen one?

BB

Only read about it. I don't think it's in production right now, but the plans are on here.

The idea is to predict swarming but if you paid attention I bet you could figure out how to spot robbing and other things too.

Big Grin

Thanks for the answers
    Actualy what I know is that it was produced in the past (only 300 units). and I read about its principle and how it works and last month there was a one for sale on the e-Bay (UK), but when I discoved this it was already expired.
    So I tried to ask if somebody has a real experience with it or tried to build it by himself.
    when the number of hives is large I think beekeeper would look like a doctor, he will check the hives without openning them. just by listening from outside.
    bye

I downloaded the schematics a while ago. Looked pretty straightforeward to replicate, except I'd have to reverse engineer the transistor circuits and redesign them with integrated operational amplifiers.

Haven't gotten around to it, however.

Couldn't a programmed handheld computerPalmtop/PocketPC perform Apidictor's functions?

They typically have built-in microphones.

Brian Cady