Thread: URBAN BEE CONDO

I UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT AND CAN DO THE MATH BUT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE A SET OF PLANS FOR THIS TYPE OF HIVE, JUST TO BE SURE I'M NOT LEAVING ANYTHING OUT, ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME. ALSO WHAT IS A FOLLOWER BOARD?

A follower is a board that fits in place of a frame and blocks the bees from the rest of the hive. It is so you can change the internal space in the box. I have built similar boxes for Dadant Deep frames, standard Deep frames and Medium frames. The dimensions for a langstroth hive are in the plans section. If you double the width (the dimension that is 16 1/4" in a standard box) then you have one that is 32 1/2" and holds 22 frames. Any variation in width will work, but a double will take standard size parts. Then you can double the width of the bottom board to match or make one with the entrance on the 19 7/8" side instead.

Big Grin

ITS 0700 HERE THANKS FOR THE LAUGH (I NEEDED IT) BUT THE REASON IS THAT I WRITE ALL THE POLICE REPORTS FOR MY AREA. THE PROGRAM IS AN INTERNET BASED PROGRAM CALLED C.O.P.S CENTRALIZED OPERATIONS POLICE SYSTEM. ALL REPORTS ARE DONE IN CAPS BUT YOU CAN'T FORMAT TEXT SOOO IF YOU START TYPING IN LOWER CASE AND REALIZE IT LATER YOU HAVE TO RE TYPE EVERY THING. SINCE I AM NEW TO THIS JOB (AND WOULD RATHER BE IN THE FIELD INSTEAD OF WARMING THIS CHAIR WITH MY BUTT) I KEEP THE CAP LOCK ON TO PREVENT DOUBLE WORK, UNTILL I'M MORE COMFORTABLE. IF I TRY TO BREAK HABIT NOW YOU ALL WOULD WONDER WHY A BLIND PERSON IS INTERESTED IN BEE KEEPING.

JUST TO CLARIFY...... AS YOU PROBABLY GUESSED I DON'T LOOK AT THE SCREEN WHEN I TYPE I LOOK AT THE KEYS!!!!

I wouldn't wonder why a blind person would be interested in beekeeping. Even if you aren't. Huber was blind and was one of the great pioneers in the science of bees.

Cool

Coyote this is just a deduction - but I would say that since MIKI has stated that he would rather be in the field and that his typing skills are not the greatest that he might not be aware that typing in all caps on forums and such is considered to be shouting. I wondered why he was typing that way as well... But now that it is cleared up welcome....