Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For the next three weeks, the coldest in 25 years, with freezing down into Florida....

I forgot to add,

It's predicted to be 8 to 10 degrees below normal.... That's cold... brrr

The weather channel shows nice weather here for the next 10 days. The lowest low for the whole 10 days is 8 and the lowest high for the whole 10 days is 24 with several days in the fourties. It's not unusual here to get 10 below for a week or two this time of year. And I've occasionally seen it colder than that.

MB same here our coldest night for the next week was last night. Highs are in the 40s and lows in the 20s for the rest of the week. Which is all normal for this time of year. It is about time we got some real winter weather.

Once its 10 or 20 below zero 8 or 10 degrees colder don't make much difference for us up north. Can't wait for summer !!!!!!

Lets hope what you heard is correct MB.

The bees were out today. It was 52 here for the high.

50 here today. Bees flying. Two or three weak hives that may not make it but all still have live bees.

-28degrees C with windchills of -40degrees C. I hate the wind...

Ian

>-28degrees C with windchills of -40degrees C. I hate the wind...

Just sounds like Manitoba in the wintertime...

Big Grin

Not to upstage Manitoba's weather...it's -25 this morning in the northeast of Minnesota with windchill around -50 to -55. We have been in the deep freeze for awhile now... thank goodness spring is less than 60 days away.

50 degrees! Lately I've beem dreaming that it would get higher than 5 to 10 F. Maybe I should move south.

>-28degrees C with windchills of -40degrees C. I hate the wind...
    >Not to upstage Manitoba's weather...it's -25 this morning in the northeast of Minnesota with windchill around -50 to -55. We have been in the deep freeze for awhile now... thank goodness spring is less than 60 days away.

-28 C = -18.4 F
    -40 C = -40 F (odd coicendence)

so you have upstaged Manitoba.

I listen to North Dakota weather quite a bit. They seem to be more accurate than our weather men. Anyhow, they always blame Canada for the cold weather. I blame this weather on you Americans, it comming from Alaska you know!!! Ha ha

Ian

[This message has been edited by Ian (edited January 22, 2004).]

It's true they will say that "cold Artic air is coming down from Canada". Of course it came from the Artic, but there is no one there to blame it on.

Well, it's a long way from the coldest snap I've ever seen. But there is a good 16" of snow outside and the temps are on their way down tonight.

Now NC may be the coldest it's ever been.

Good grief, 60 on Friday and 13 right now. I just got my first taste of spring Friday. I was getting ready to go to the farm when I took a quick look around at my back yard hives. I have one gum that I cut down last fall that was particularly nasty tempered at the time. This gum is always the last to venture out when the weather breaks. All the other hives were flying like summer had arrived, but theis gum was not, so I took a closer look.
    There were two bees at the landing, not knowing if they were from that colony, and perhaps the gum might have died, I rapped on the side of the trunk.
    Ah, here comes a couple more, and some more. I thought I may as well take a REAL close look for mites as long as they were milling about, so I got up close enough for my bifocals to see them real good.
    Suffice it to say that I didn't see any mites, espically on the ones that went for my face and kept comming at me all the way around the house, through the screen porch and out the other side. I guess they just wern't ready to wake up to a big bearded face dressed in black. They sure didn't change their disposition any.
    Well I can thank them for one thing, the first stings of the new year!
    Ah, spring.

Six below here today. Daisy, I hope you're wrong about Yellowstone and the world coming to an end.

Yesterday it was 65 F and it got down to 34 F last night. Todays high is suppose to be at midnight last night for a big 34 F and tonights low is 18. Atleast I got to open the hives before seasonal weather came back.

Well, it's not the coldest I've ever seen, by any means, but this is about as much snow as I've seen. They say if we get the eight inches they are expecting it will be the most snow in one winter we've ever had here. I don't know, seems like I've seen this much before, but not often.

Here in Ontario Canada we had one of the coldest January's on record, but this past week has seen milder conditions ...... not a lot of snow yet but 6 to 8 inches is coming tomorrow ...... I wish we could get a few REALLY mild days so I could open up the hive to do a check ......