Thread: Truck Swarm

Loaded up the flatbed with empty singles to split into later this week and parked in the driveway.I came home this evening from splitting hives in outyards,and everyone had a story about the big swarm that moved into one of the hives on the truck.I think we move hives around so much in Cal.that we are selecting for 'truck ready ' bees.

Maybe if you park on a different block everynight you can get one a day.

Kind of a swarm collecting service.I think these came from a bee tree in the area.They know my bees go to all the good places so maybe they wanted to be first on the truck.Anyway all signs point to a lot of swarming around here this season.Back to dividing....

You are right,coyote.They are junk bees.They found a super of feed honey and are robbing it out.This while every other hive is working the spring honeyflow!I will sell them at the first opportunity...

Well I should have known...they werent robbing,it was the Next swarms scouts checking it out.They moved in today while I was out doing swarm control.Thats IT..tomorrow I move the truck!

Wow. I need a truck like that.

My wife says if I go unload the hives tomorrow,I better leave a few in the driveway for the Next swarms that show up.It is kinda convenient not having to shake the swarms into hives.

Hmmmm,my daughter has a digital camera and just showed me some pictures she took of the latest swarm moving onto the truck.Maybe i can figger out how to make em available.
    ---Digitally challenged mike.