Bees rushing out of the hive, some flying in circles above the hive, many bees hovering in front of the hive faced toward the hive.

What exactly has happened to bring this on? We had over hundred degrees for over a week, then several inches of rain through the evening and all night......

Activity is normal on the landing deck. Looks like they are having a nectar flow......

orientation flight?

Yes, that's it. It lasted about half an hour and then they all went back in and then immediately after this, a couple of guard bees ran me off. LOL

What happened that caused this, do you know Denise?

I've noticed mine doing this several times lately. It looks like a swarm all aorund the hive. I think it's just a new bunch of bees feeling good and doing their orinetation flight. They calm down after a few minutes. Mine still do a lot of washboarding during the daylight hours. At night they cluster all over the front of the hive, even though the nights have been slightly cooler lately.

I agree with beegee. It's just a new crew getting their bearing before they go about their tasks.
    D.

BILLY BOB Guest

Yep, I agree. I can sit and watch. Love seeing them do that.

BB