I would imagine there are hundreds of opinions on this but what do you all recommend for treatments in the fall months/when? I noticed tonight when I visited the hive that there were a couple of sickly bees walking out the front door with shriveled wings. Suggestions? Thanks

~D

Although I use zero chem's but small cell methods. I would recommend apistan or fgmo, or some treatment such as formic. To do nothing is to invite disaster. I personnaly would lean to the fgmo.

Liberty Mo

My twin grandsons were born at your hospital. They're identical, mirrored. What a catch! LOL

Hi DLee when you talking your bees have shriveled wings dos it mean the wings are deformed? If thatÂ’s so your bees have a virus infection and the cause is the Varroa. Varroa cutting tiny holes in laves and they getting infected. Control your colony and if you find lots of deformed bees and open cells with dead laves and cells with a little hole in the middle that mean the colony is high infected and you should remove all brood combs and melt them in a solar smelter. Give the colony empty combs and feed the bees with syrup (3 parts sugar/ 2 parts water), the queen starts immediately with new eggs. The most important thing after removing the brood is vaporizing with oxalic acid 2 times 4 days apart or using a treatment with same good effect.

don't wait too long for mouse guards,once it starts getting cool those little buggers will move in.