Question

That pretty much sums up my inquiry. I know Mann Lake advertises they sell it, but I get the impression that it is only in larger quantities, which is more than I really need for my 8 hives.

THanx in advance for the input.

Tom

Walter Kelly sells it in 5 gal. buckets and will ship it UPS. The shipping to WI might be a little steep, though, Tom. You might want to try mixing 20-25 lbs. of sugar with the rest HOT water in a 5 gal. bucket of your own for a 1-1 mix to use in the Spring. For 2-1 [more like HFCS] use 40 lbs. sugar. I use a large paint stirrer in a 1/2 inch drill to stir it well. The HOTTEST water for my bathroom tap works to melt the sugar. Good luck! -Dan

Try to find a local commercial beekeeper to get some HFCS from. They usually get it by the tanker load but may be willing to sell you small quantities, and should have pumps to fill 5 gallon pails or barrels.
    Gregg Stewart

Lapp`s in Wis. sells it in 5 gal
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

There was a good discussion on HFCS and dealing with crystalization last fall:

http://www.beesource.com/cgi-bin/ubb...=002821#000002

Call the nearest soft-drink bottler and ask where they get theirs from. They usually purchase from a distributor that supplies several bottlers. That is how I found my supplier in town. I would never have found them if I did not do this.

You will likely need to ask for the purchasing agent.
    Home of the ventilated and sting resistant Ultra Breeze bee suits and jackets
    http://www.honeymoonapiaries.com