East Texas Pine Rooter Guest

My friends tell me the bees that started making a new hive under the turned over plastic barrel or still there. They are located rite next to where there old hive box was. I am going back down there and carrying a hive box with some old drawn foundation. The foundation looks tattered, and raggedy. I don't have any idea of it's history, if it was a robbed frame, that was never put back in service, but it's not black. The only other thing i have is just new foundation. What do you think i would be using? Since the the bees are not in the barrel, but or under it, and or on the side, should i stand the barrel up to disturb there nest so they might go to the hive box quicker? It has been 3-weeks since i moved there hive box to my farm. Should i insert some lemongrass oil in the hive box?

>What do you think i would be using?

Drawn comb is helpful.

>Since the the bees are not in the barrel, but or under it, and or on the side, should i stand the barrel up to disturb there nest so they might go to the hive box quicker?

They may not go in your box at all unless you put them there.

>It has been 3-weeks since i moved there hive box to my farm. Should i insert some lemongrass oil in the hive box?

I won't hurt, but if they have built comb in or under the barrel I doubt they will move into the box voluntarily. My guess is you'll have to cut the comb and tie it into frames to get them into the box.

I wonder if they have a queen or some brood? I doubt it. They may have a laying worker and she may haunt you for a while.