I got a call from Hawaii Honeybees today, the new queens shoud be delivered tomorrow. Now i will take your instruction, and using my bench parked behind by bee hives, taking my time, and try to find a unmarked queen for the first time. If i can't, anybody want to buy some queens?
    jrhelliott@gmail.com

Finding the old queen is preferable, but if you get DESPERATE, you could search a couple of frames carefully for the old queen and start a nuc with these and then do a combine with the old hive. Odds are the two queens will either coexist peacefully for some time or the workers will dispose of the older one right away.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Hi Michael,

It it a general rule that when combining two queenright colonies, the elder queen is the one that gets disposed of?

thanks
    - I would like *everyone* to be nice to baby crabs.

If you really need to move the queens, I could take some. I really need one.

Ross, or anyone, I am going to do some splits and re-queen with Russian stock so will have some Italian queens available around end of May. If you pay for shipping and the cage(s) I will be happy to ship to you. I will let you know if it works out. Just let me know ahead of time.

One more thing...since we are on the issue. If anyone has any Carni queens please contact me.

Ditto the above from Jeff.
    I too need a queen for a split I just made. I'd rather put in a mated queen than wait for them to raise one.
    Ken

I'm going to use all my queens. Call www.Hawaiihoneybees.com at (808) 756-1371. He charged me $15.00@ piece, delivered second day air freight. I live off the beaten path, and it took a few days longer. He guarantees live bees delivered. He called me back twice after the bees arived just to check on them. He will be cageing queens Tuesday, to ship on Wednesday.
    jrhelliott@gmail.com

>It it a general rule that when combining two queenright colonies, the elder queen is the one that gets disposed of?

As a general rule, yes.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

East Texas Pine Rooter...did you call them? If so what time of day was it?

Thanks

He doesn't monitor his phone, just leave a message, and he will call you back. the first time i called, he didn't call me back till the second day. His name is Keith.
    jrhelliott@gmail.com