Question

hey guys any links or tips on embeding wire in to small cell foundation I need some basic infomation. thanks

I don't bother. With a medium I don't use any wire at all. With a deep, I just put a wire on one side diagnally and another on the other side diagnally making an "X" and throw in some split pins or bobby pins. The wires aren't embedded. I have occasionaly embedded them with a soldering gun when I didn't use the frame soon enough and the wax warped a bit. http://www.beesource.com/eob/althive/bush/bush5.htm

Here's some info on embedding. http://www.beesource.com/eob/wire_embedder/

can i use a battery charger and take the two clips and clip them on to the fram wire?

Yes. I use a car battery charger. Don't clip them on though or you'll cook the wires right through the foundation. Just touch the clips to the wires real quick. You can do one wire at a time or all at once. You'll have to decide which way you prefer.

Lightbulb

Swarm trapper, get yourself a regular doorbell transformer. Wire nut an extension cord onto it. Run two low voltage wires from the screws. Attach one wire up high & one at the lower end of the frame wires & your in business. Works great......

Big Grin

clayton if if want to do sll of the wires where do i touch the wires and after the you stop touching the wire do you push the frame down onto the embedding board? thanks guys

You touch the wire (top one) near were it anchors to the frame inside of the end bar. Then you touch the bottom wire opposite side of whatever side you touch the top wire. I hope that makes sense. I then quickly run my hand onto the foundation to make sure the foundation embedds properly.

I personally prefer to due one wire at a time. But sometimes I do the above.

how do you do one at a time?

I just touch on the wire with the clips on each side real quick (one wire at a time), then I take my pinkies and quickly swipe across the foundation to get the wire embedded to proper depth.

I use a vcr power supply, that I found a 17vac output from. Like everybody has said, don't let it hooked up too long, or it will go right thru. I also kinda form the hot wax around the wire to. Practice makes close to perfect!

Question

Last year, while embedding wire, somehow I managed to burn-up TWO door bell transformers. At first the wire would heat up just right, but after a few frames, the transformer(s) stop working. Last one only embedded about 4 or 5 wires.

What did I do wrong?

------------------
    Dave W . . .

A NewBEE with 1 hive.
    First package installed
    April, 2003.