Thread: nitrile gloves?

Hello folks...

Anyone ever try nitrile gloves? (the blue rubber gloves that are pretty tough)

Do they keep the stingers out?

I have been stung through leather gloves. I wouldn't think nitrile gloves would stop them. On the positive side the nitrile will keep your hands from gettn sticky.

I've been stung through leather and nitrile too, but not to the point of swelling. Generally when I get stung through some type of material I don't get enough venom to have any more of a reaction than a mosquito bite.

The best gloves that I have used so far I got with my Golden Bee suit. I have also found the same gloves at a supply house that sells v-belts and pulleys etc. I don't know what the material is but it is the same as the rubber that they use in hospitals to tie off your arm before they take blood, the neutral light tan color rubber. The gloves have a mesh material inside that keeps the gloves from sticking to you and vent out moisture. The only problem with them is that when they are new they stick to propolis, but that can be remedied by applying a little fgmo on the outside.

>The only problem with them is that when they are new they stick to propolis, but that can be remedied by applying a little fgmo on the outside.

Or corn starch or talc.

Hey Bullseye,

I liked the gloves that came from Golden as well, but found they don't last long. A supply house that sells v belts and pulleys? I will look around for one as I haven't been able to find those gloves for sale anywhere.

------------------
    Rob Koss

I pinched one finger inbetween a frame and metal nine frame spacer and tore a hole in it about 1/3 inch across. I sewed it up, put a little gorella glue on it and still works fine.

On the other gloves I found, I think I paid about three bucks a pair or less. Considerably less than GB's but no vent patch on the back of the hand. If yours are completely worn out you can sew the vent onto the new ones when you find them.