Question

While all my queens are still laying there little butts off (if they don't knock it off they are going to end up starving). One of my queen (strangely enough it WAS my strongest hive) stopped laying entirely about 3 weeks ago. I thought she was bothered by a combine and split she was involved in but the hive is quickly dwindling and she doesn't seem to want to do anything about it. I fear they will never make it through the winter if I don't get at least 3-4 frames of sealed brood before the rain hits.

Can I "jump start" her by putting a frame of eggs and brood in her hive from a neighbor?

Thanks!
    Brian

Why not redistribute the wealth. You're afraid some will starve from too much brood, so take some sealed brood and put it in the hive you think needs some.

I already did that, I was just wondering if it would work or not? Has anyone ever tried this with any success?

I've never tried the eggs and brood to get her to lay. If you want her to lay, feed 1:1 sugar syrup or even a bit lighter like 1:2 sugar to water. The more it resembles nectar the more likely it will induce brood rearing.

My guess is, though, that the queen wisely has shut down brood rearing because it's fall.