Thread: photo

Can you guys give your opinion on the photo, does everything look good? (I know its not a great shot)Does everything look normal? Thanks

Another here at http://www.acmepainting.com/comb1.jpg
    and here... http://www.acmepainting.com/comb2.jpg
    [This message has been edited by newbee 101 (edited June 03, 2004).]

Looks picture perfect from here. Very nice.

I would be careful about posting pictures here, someone will give you a talking to. I don't mind at all, but I think there is something about slowing down the server or something. I don't know for sure but I think it is a problem for people with dial up and little modums.

Thanks! Thats what I was hoping to hear!
    I got about 8 that look like that in the bottom deep. They havent done anything in the upper deep(put on last week) except clean out the three frames of comb in the middle. (the rest are new)

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I would be careful about posting pictures here, someone will give you a talking to. I don't mind at all, but I think there is something about slowing down the server or something.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if that is what is slowing down the Beekeeping forum for me. I get this one (Beekeeping 101) OK, maybe a little slower than usual, but Bee forum is almost impossible for me to get lately. I have a very fast cable modem so I wonder if it is the board itself. Anyone else having a slowdown lately?
    Nice looking frame Newbie 101(from one newbie to another)

[This message has been edited by Let_it _Bee (edited June 03, 2004).]

I have the same problem on BEE FORUM myself, takes forever to load... I'll start putting links instead, SORRY!!!!

Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)

Maybe it is computer-related. On my home computer, I can't look at the general bee forum either since a couple of days. But at work, it works perfectly well. Both computers have cable connections...

Hugo

I too have a problem with bee forum......it is extremely slow and I have DSL.....

The Bee Forum has always loaded slowly for me. I assumed that it was simply a characteristic of that particular forum.
    Ox

Should I remove the little bit of comb on the bottom of the frame or let them fill it?
    I also noticed when I removed some frames that some were a bit stuck together and I broke some wax cappings at the top. Will they fix it?

I think you made the mistake I did. Move the frames as a unit to the far wall (doesn't matter which). Then move them again (as a unit) so that there is an equal amount of space from the wall to each of the two wall frames (the outermost frames).

As for the wax on the bottom...I always remove mine.

Let it Bee,
    Tell me how you do the quote thing. I've seen others do it but I don't know how.

&gt;Should I remove the little bit of comb on the bottom of the frame or let them fill it?

I leave it attached, they will build it again anyway, and I think it is better for the queen to have the bridge in place to make it easier for her to climb up and down between the boxes.

&gt;Will they fix it?

Yes, they will make it all better

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Tell me how you do the quote thing. I've seen others do it but I don't know how.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Bill,
    when you are posting a reply look to the left side of the screen. You will see a box labled: Your Reply. In that box click on *UBB Code is On. A page will open that explains how to use all of the features.
    George

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Bill,
    when you are posting a reply look to the left side of the screen. You will see a box labled: Your Reply. In that box click on *UBB Code is On. A page will open that explains how to use all of the features.
    George<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kewl, thanks George!

14. Post

newbee (clever name!)

congrats on getting into beekeeping. i'm fairly new as well to it as well..and it's very interesting as well as tasty! you're brood frame looks good to me...but then again i'm a second year beekeeper. i will say that some of mine (the further from the middle you go) have honey cells, pollen cells, and brood cells. i have pictures on my website if you're interested.

good luck...ken

------------------
    Good friends are sweet as honey. Winnie the Pooh
    http://honeybeesonly.com

Thanks Ken, you got great photos ! Only 2nd year?

If your 'puter' is running slowly check and see how many 'cookies' are stored and clean them out it helps. They tend to use a lot of memory, I've got cable and in time they'll slow mine down alot.

------------------
    'WHEN WE CLOSE OUR EYES WE ALL LOOK THE SAME' GWPW 03