I found a piece of comb in the delivery box. I was wondering if the bees made that themselves, or if the shippers put that in there for some reason. Also, I got my bees today, and I was wondering, how long do I keep feeding them sugar syrup? Things are pretty much in bloom already. 2-3weeks?

Is the wax white and natural looking or does it look like it's been cut? Was it attached to the box? If it was white, natural looking and attached to the shipping box the bees made it. I don't know why any comb would be included because it would just move around, disturbing/crushing the bees. If you feed them they will use it if they want it and it will help them draw the comb.

It was white and attached to the top of the box. I think the bees made it for some reason.

"for some reason"

The reason is, it's what bees do. It's what they live on. If they are in any container (box, hive, package etc.) for any length of time, and have any surplus food at all, they build comb.

I too have wondered how long to feed them? I hived my package on May 12th. Do I feed them continuously? Or is there a rule of thumb on when to stop and let nature do it's thing?

You can feed them all year, or you can let up when there is a nectar flow. They will do ok either way. The more you feed them the quicker things will take off, but there is also the work and expense to feed them all the time. Just be sure to feed a package until there is a good nectar flow going so they don't starve.

I feed mine till there are 7 to 8 frames of drawn comb and bees,if the honey flow is good at that time i stop feeding.The more comb there is to draw the more feed they will take.Some hives wull take feed all thu a honey flow others will stop durring a flow.how long to feed no time table just watch them.Keep the feeder full and you will be much better off.