Question

I was planning to build some 4-frame medium boxes and was wondering what kind of top covers to make. I didn't plan on keeping these out during the winter months but was wondering if I should use a inner cover/Tel cover combination or just the migratory cover? Also could I just use a Tel cover without a inner cover during the spring & summer months?

Thank you

I use migratory covers on nucs as I find it doesn't really merit having the extra equipment for nucs. If i were going to try to winter in nuc boxes I would use the inner outer cover setup. I transfer my nucs to deep boxes (2 each)and winter them over screen boards over parents. I don't see why you couldn't use just a telescoping cover other than it could be more difficult to remove at times.

Clay

I agree with Clay. I don't build both for my nucs. I have a few telescopic and inner covers that came with some I bought, and occasionaly they come in handy for something but I could live just fine without them. I just build migratory covers for nucs.

One advantage to a migratory is they don't blow off as much because they get glued down.

Smile

Thanks for the info!