Ellensburg, Washington, USA East Edges of the Cascades

How to packages arive, Do they normaly just have you pick them up at the post office? Do they get dropped off at your door? If so I have a very large dog (92 lbs lab rotwiler mix) will she bother them? Will the Weather kill them?
    Thanks for your help, just got to thinking
    Kevin

Depends on the carrier... Ours will never touch them. The good news is however that they generally call really fast to have you come get them! You'll want to pick them up soon, we usually find ours on the back dock exposed to all of the elements. If your local post office is small you could call ahead to find out and give directions on where to store them until you can get the bees. Be prepared to answer a few questions about bees...

Big Grin

When I got them in the mail the post office called at 6:30 AM and said we bee havin some bees for you can you come and get them!!and yes they were seting on the dock outside.

It always depends. But most everywhere I've lived they call hoping they won't have to handle them. If you insist they will deliver them to your door.

Here the Lincoln Post Office calls me the night before, usually. I get to pick them up there the night before they would have gotten to the Greenwood Post Office. I always try to get them as soon as I can so i can be in control of their safety. Otherwise you never know what some frightened person at the Post Office will do.

I have always stopped by my Post Office a week before bees were due for delivery. I make sure they have my phone number and tell them to call as soon as they come in regardless of time. Usually the call comes around 6 A.M. and I pick them up as soon as I can get there. They appreciate it and it is a courtesy to them.