rwjedi Guest

Smile

I saw the queen. I saw the queen. LOL Of course wouldn't you know it as soon as I saw her on the frame the dog comes bouncing down the trail to the hive. Of course the bees took care of the dog. HEHE The queen is huge. geez. I mean I've seen them before, but it's been a while. When I first saw her I was like what in the world is THAT in my hive. Now if only she had some room to lay eggs in. She was a bit aggitated walking around on the half drawn comb.

kookaburra Guest

wow i was happy when I first spotted my queen, but I don't think I was that happy!!

rwjedi Guest

Well ya gotta understand I only have one hive and it's been touch and go all spring and summer since I installed the package and queen. I must have killed my first queen soon after she started laying and they either made another queen or accepted the one I bought for them. And since I saw the original queen and then promptly squished her (probably) I haven't seen a queen except when I installed the replacement. Sure was a bit funny to see my goofy dog running off in to the woods trying to get the bees off of her. Maybe she'll stay away from the hive now.

Smile

Yea, I was doing the little happy dance the other day when I saw my new queen for the first time since I let her loose.

And it is a lot more fun seeing the neighbors dog runny away after meeting the bees, or the electric fence.