My swarm that landed too high in a tree to capture has now taken up residence in an extra hive body (with frames of honey)that just happened to be sitting on some lumber in my yard.

So, even though I didn't have anything to do with it you might say they have been captured.

Now, I have an extra deep with foundation in it, but my problem is that I don't want another hive.

You can have this swarm if you want to come over to my house tomorrow morning and get it, but since that's not going to happen can someone tell me how to best combine or integrate these swarm bees with my other six hives?

Thanks

Got any neighbors with bees? If you don't want them someone will pay you for them I'm sure.

Bobee,

I have the same problem. All I wanted was 12 hives but now I have 15 and another 4 swarm calls to get. A local commercial beekeeper said keep them, your bound to have some mortality during the year and most certainly when you over winter. You can always combine hives in the fall. If you combine them right now you could over crowd the hive and trigger a swarm.

More hives = more honey...

I would worry about any extra hives come fall.
    ------------------------------------------<br />Colton<br />------------------------------------------

If you let the new queen mate and start laying then kill the old queen in the new hive and do a news paper combine you will be back down to 6 hives. A new young queen will be less likely to swarm. Or you can wait till fall or after the honey flow to recombine them. I want more hives my problem is keeping the boxes and frames made as fast as I have been getting swarms this year.