Wax moths really ruined me last season and I would like to try some better management practicies to keep ahead of them. My packages will be picked up 12 April and I have my equipment from last season stacked with moth crystals inside. All of the frames had spent several days in my spare freezer before being stored. How much airing out is required? As some of this is brood comb will the moths return before I install bees? I was using bottles filled with sugar, vinegar and a banana peel to capture moths last year. Put these traps out now or wait untill the bees are established? Looking forward to a better season with a more vigilent eye on the moths!

I'm seeing moths flying in my house. I don't know if they are outside, but I have to assume that's where they came from. They will tear up brood comb pretty quickly. I just spray them with Certan when I'm worried about it.

I'd let them air out for at least a day with some air flow (like on their sides).

I was wondering, I have a UV bug zapper light mounted in my outdoor chicken run (extra chicken feed)it seems to zap more moths than anything else. I've never had wax moth problem. Could this be an effective method of wax moth control?

I'm sure the zapper helps kill a lot of wax moths.

Maybe I shoudl buy one.

Bug zappers work very wewl, infact sometimes too well. As we know, moths are attractd to light. I found that when my zapper was the only light on in the neighborhood, it attracted the moths from all around. Next morning, some moths were dead but there was alot more stuck to the trees and the side of the house. I haven't used my zapper since.