Thread: Website update

My website is finally updated. A few pictures for now, check out the Contact page to see a picture of me.
    www.allnaturalhoney.com

------------------
    Sol Parker
    Southern Oregon Apiaries

mmundy Guest
    I sure like that magenta pink color you picked! I just began my second season and expanded to four hives. I painted them flourescant yellow, orange and blue. The old hive is the colour of my house, beige, and I think I'll soon paint it like yours.

Sorry, not much more to say about your site, except that I liked it. I'll visit again sometime. I see that you, like me, are a young whipper snapper. Here's the site I put together for me and my friends: http://www.geocities.com/libertybees/

Take care,

------------------
    Michael Mundy
    Liberty Missouri

mmundy Guest

Sad

Sol,

I commented on your picture BEFORE I read about your sad day of fallen wax. Was the picture taken before or after the dreadful day? Just thought you probably look older now.

Hang in there!

------------------
    Michael Mundy
    Liberty Missouri
    http://www.geocities.com/libertybees/

Sol, looked at your site and your pictures. It looks like your Housel markings are backwards.
    Y should be facing awaY from the center.
    Inverted should be facing Inward to the center.
    Right?
    Bill

I marked mine the same way as Sol. If I'm looking at a right side up "Y" on the frame and I peek at the top I see a right side up "Y". If I'm looking at an inverted "Y" and I peek at the top bar I see an inverted "Y".

Question

MB, Are yours aligned like Sol's if you look at them from above?
    Bill

Those pictures were taken on the day of installation. The dreadful day of discovery was two days later.
    My comb is correctly aligned, with the inverted Y facing center, but I guess I just somehow made my marks the other way.

------------------
    Sol Parker
    Southern Oregon Apiaries

Yes. If you are standing on the outside of the hive looking toward the center and you pull up a frame and look at it you are looking at a right side up "Y" in the bottom of the cell. If you tip it slightly toward you and look at the top of the frame you are looking at a right side up "Y". If you flip the frame around the other way and look at the bottom of a cell you see an inverted "Y" and if you tip the frame slightly toward you and look at the top you see an inverted "Y".

I believe that is how Sol's pictures are also.

Thats exactly how it works. I had to remove a buncha frames from one hive and only left four that were all facing one way. They only worked on the would be center comb and then hung one from the roof in the empty space where the center should be.

------------------
    Sol Parker
    Southern Oregon Apiaries
    http://www.allnaturalhoney.com

Good to see a few "young bucks" out there! Let's do all we can to help the younger generation become interested in keeping bees.

Regards,

Jim

------------------
    http://www.emeraldridgeapiary.net

Sol,

Looks good. Nice colors.

Clay

Yes, I suppose I am a young buck, I'm 19.
    As for the paint, I stopped by a local paint shop and went through their mistint collection and found some gray, white, pink and a few gallons of that color called "whatever's left over all mixed together". I was painting with the gray and my gf Jenna decided she would paint with the pink. I figure with the different colors the bees will be less apt to drift.

------------------
    Sol Parker
    Southern Oregon Apiaries
    http://www.allnaturalhoney.com

OOps! My mistake, I was thinking with my right side of my brain again

Bill