<Both Western & Browning sell thre 7 5/8 boxes/frames. Does anyone know if Plasticell/Duracell/Permadent is available for 7 5/8? Seems to be the perfect compromise between too heavy deeps and mediums that are a little lite.>

I think you can get it duragilt and crimp-wired and I know you can get it in Plasticell.

Western doesn't sell any foundation for the 7 5/8" boxes. I don't know of any. But it wouldn't be hard to cut some down on a table saw (the plastic) or cut the wax down with a pizza cutter, if it's not wired.

Personally I think the 6 5/8" are heavy enough when they are full of honey, are small enough to use for cut comb and large enough to do ok for brood. But the 7 5/8" would certainly be lighter than the 9 5/8" by 10 pounds.

I figure a full medium weighs somewhere between 60 and 70 pounds. When I use PermaComb, between the extra weight of the plastic and the extra honey because the cells run from top to bottom and the bees build between it weighs about 70 to 80 pounds. The 7 1/4 is probably about 70 to 80 pounds. A deep is about 80 to 90 pounds.

You got me curious and since it's almost a local call - Western has 6 1/2" plasticell in stock, but did say that's about the only one they can get anymore. Dadants apparently don't like messing with the duragilt and crimp wired in this size. But that's okay, I'd take plasticell over them anyway.