I've noticed my bees are a little reluctant to start working the Permacomb. I see about a hundred or so up in the super wandering around,but not much work going on!
    I was thinking of taking a new 10 gal. oval wash tub and filling it with water,which I'll then place on my camp stove. To the water I'll add 10#'s or so of bees wax for melting. Once the wax has melted, I'll then lay the PC face down about 3/8's to 1/2 inch into the hot liquid wax. This will give the face surface plus some depth of cell a coating of fresh wax.
    I thought of vertically dipping to whole frame, but due to the angle of the cells, you'd be shaking hot wax and water all over that has filled the cells when you pulled it out.
    There's always something about opening a new box of foundation and getting that whiff of fresh wax!
    Seems the bees like that too as they seem to jump right on fresh foundation and start working.
    Thus my thinking for dipping PC,ez frames,etc.
    Some I know have suggested rubbing a chunk of wax over the cells which may be alright. I just thought the dipping in hot wax would give a more even film of wax,rather than a crusty build-up.
    I believe MB has a coating process that he does in the kitchen! I couldn't get away with doing it there.LOL
    Has anyone else done anything along these lines?
    Thank you

>I was thinking of taking a new 10 gal. oval wash tub and filling it with water,which I'll then place on my camp stove. To the water I'll add 10#'s or so of bees wax for melting. Once the wax has melted, I'll then lay the PC face down about 3/8's to 1/2 inch into the hot liquid wax. This will give the face surface plus some depth of cell a coating of fresh wax.

My experience is you'll have to really control how deep you go or it will clump up.

>I thought of vertically dipping to whole frame, but due to the angle of the cells, you'd be shaking hot wax and water all over that has filled the cells when you pulled it out.

Only if you heat the PermaComb first. Otherwise it will clump up in the bottom. But IF you preheat the comb and dip it that's pretty much what you'd be doing. Shaking it all out.

>Thus my thinking for dipping PC,ez frames,etc.
    Some I know have suggested rubbing a chunk of wax over the cells which may be alright.

I think that would be a lot less work.

>I believe MB has a coating process that he does in the kitchen!

No, I have a gas oven outside and a table outside. I would not attempt to do it in my kitchen.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I had two mediums of PC I used last year. I bought 70 frames more this year and added two supers to that hive. When I checked the other day, they were drawing the PC out about 1/8" and storing nectar. The brood continues to do well, but the bridge comb makes a bit of a mess. I sprayed mine with Honey-B-healthy sugar syrup before I installed them. I find that they are accepting it better this go-around, especially since there are no other types of frames/foundation this time.
    Banjos and bees... how sweet it is!

> When I checked the other day, they were drawing
    > the PC out about 1/8" and storing nectar

Is your PC in a 10-frame configuration, or
    a 9-frame configuration?

I ask, because I wonder how one might be able to
    utilize PC and avoid worrying about the wax-moth
    infestation. If there is 1/8th inch of wax added
    to PC (as opposed to just cappings) by the bees,
    I wonder if wax moth treatment is still required.