Question

When I was checking my hive the other night, I was stung 5 times by bees that crawled up my pants leg and up my sleeve. Well, today my arm is really swollen as well as my leg. What do you guys do to keep the swelling down, and is this a sign that I am becoming allergic to them? I have never been allergic to anything in my life and find this is hard to believe!

Your reaction is normal. Some swelling occures, you may even have some swelling in the lymph nodes on your arm and legs. As long as you have no shortness of breath difficulty in breathing, or palpation of the heart you'll be fine. But I'm no Doctor so what do I know.

Chuck

I don't know that you are becoming allergic. I had a similar reaction last year. Got stung thru the mesh in the glove gauntlet and my arm swelled from my knuckles to my elbow. I've been stung since many times and not had the same reaction. I've heard an antihistamine like Benedryl helps.

Thanks guys, I feel fine, except for being a little stiff from the stings, and the swelling causing me to itch.

Cheer up. You may have postponed arthritis. I read recently that the body produces small amounts of Cortisone in reaction to stings.