Does anyone know any good sites with CLEAR pictures of frames, and what they should look like at different stages(like with new eggs, larve, ect...)I think my queen split, I can't find her, and I dont see any eggs. There are 3 queen cells, all sealed up in the center of one frame?? they are also storing tons of pollen and sugarwater. Also as a sidenote I've enjoyed seeing pictures of all your hives, Anyone else have any pictures of your hive you'd like to share please post your links here... Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!....BB

If you have queen cells in the middle of your frames and you can't find the old queen in your new split, then they are probably queenless (at the moment). Leave the queen cells alone and soon the bees will have a new queen. These are supercedure cells rather than 'swarm cells' - which tend to be at the bottom of a frame.
    Photos of eggs in cells are probably not too common on the internet since the eggs are so small, it takes some "specialized" photography skills and equipment to capture such images. I've accidently captured some photos of eggs and very young larvae when I took some pictures of my queens, you can look for them in the 'Briefcase' area on my Yahoo profile (in the Queen photos folder). http://profiles.yahoo.com/txbeeguy

Mr Bush posted this URL in another topic.
    http://www.scottishbeekeepers.org.uk...s/biology2.htm

Scroll down a page a two and you'll see
    some nice pictures. Infact if you look around the entire site you find even more pictures like you want.

[This message has been edited by The Honey House (edited May 26, 2003).]

Big Grin

Thanks guys, that really helps ALOT. Thats just what I was looking for!!!!!

Hi Texas Beeguy
    Loved your pictures of your hives and queens, but when i look at the different races the queens are different but as i see it the workers all look about the same in color, or im I color blind??????????? Thanks again for showing the pics wish i had hives with supers like you have on the film.
    Respectifully yours
    Walt

Cool

Hi Walt,
    Actually I've been asked that question before; it's funny to me that question pops up. Your observations are correct. The reason is that when I took those pictures, I had just done some splits and requeened. So the worker bees you see, for the most part are not from the queens you see. Of course, by now the worker bees are of those queens and several hives are noticeably darker.