Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks like Chixion, the maker of Beekeeper 3.0 has closed it's doors. I downloaded the hobbiest trial and had a question, after typing it all out I found out that the "send comments" button doesn't work. I found the maker of the software, Chixion, I decided to email them. That email just bounced back with this:

Technical details of permanent failure:
    PERM_FAILURE: Gmail tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 No Such User Here. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. Thanks for your continued support. (state 14)

Default Re: Beekeeping software

I am the founder and developer of Hive Tracks, a simple but powerful online application for beekeepers. We are very interested in this thread. We have toyed with the idea of adding a small device interface but being beekeepers ourselves see the folly in it. That device would not last very long nor would my temper. By time my already fat fingers entered something useful on a tiny keypad while looking through my vail, and sometimes with thick gloves I could have scrached it down on paper then tansfered it to Hive Tracks in the comfort of my home office. Give Hive Tracks a try. Its still new so we are lacking some core features but they are coming.
    Last edited by mhenson; 07-31-2010 at 02:14 PM.

A few years have gone by since this thread was started. Some of the older software is now free / open source / not being updated anymore. For example: BiData, naturlandimker (German language software).

Some current software options are:
    ApiTrack - online farm-to-consumer tracking service
    HiveTracks - online hive tracking service
    BeeTight - online hive tracking service
    HiveTasks - offline software for Windows PCs
    XenBee - appears to be a very high end product but not much other info is available
    Jeanette
    HiveTasks Software for beekeepers

I've been using HiveTracks - they just added a mobile app which makes it even easier to keep up with inspection notes. It is also FREE. .
    https://www.hivetracks.com/default.aspx

I also use HiveTracks and like it. I had a problem with their browser version on my Android tablet, but their Beta mobile version works fine and makes it easier by the hive. I have donated as I would like to see this application stick around.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12