Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would suspect the eggs to be more than three days old. The temps are unseasonably cold here now. I have a queen on order to be shipped 4/21 that I planned on using on a split. Would I be able to hold off for that queen and introduce her to this queenless colony - if it is queenless.

It's hard to say. The bees will lose morale and dwindel without a queen, but if it's the best you can do, then you do what you can. Do you have a hive you can combine them with if they turn out to be queenless? You can wait and see if there is any brood in a couple of weeks.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I have one strong colony now that was a #3 starter package last year and they have done great, except they still have mites. i treated them last fall with Apistan but still have mites on a drop board. i will watch this new colony and check it in about 10 days for new brood. If no brood then I can combine the two colonies. That would be one large colony.

If the colony is queenless, you might want to try Drapers bees in PA: www.draperbee.com

They were kind enough to send me an EMERGENCY queen for a queenless situation I had about two years ago. I got the queen the next day! Some of the Hawaii queeners (like Kona) may be able to help too.
    Triangle Bees

Thanks db_land. i will keep this info handy..

Thanks also to M. Bush and all the others for all your advice and information. This has been a great learning experience for me and the feedback from all of you who contributed was an inspiration and good help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12