Question

I am brand new at beekeeping and plan to start with a hive this April. My father-in-law has kept bees and is helping me get started. I have the proper set up, but have discovered I can't get bees shipped. I live in New Hampshire and we really need to have the bees ready to go in the hive in April. We were going to get midnite bees shipped from Georgia but they say they have no way to get them to us. Does anybody have an answer to this problem?

Have you checked in the New England area to see if the same type bees are available there?

Lav: did a quick check and find six beekeeping associations in N>H. Michael Bayko, Merrimack. N. H.- phone 603-424-5477.
    Greg Sanderson, Sanbornton, N.H. (no phone listed): Guy Senneville, Manchester (no phone)Deb Snelling, Clairmont, (no phone listed) Roy Januskiewicz Nashua, p. 603-882-1106, Joe Orr, Madbury, p. 603-749-3318. Check with these people - they are contact people for their associations, and may well know of people who can help you secure the bees you arfe seeking. Roy

Pollinator Guest

Bob Stevens at Betterbee (listed on this site under bee suppliers gets in packages from Georgia every spring. He can't be too far from you. Robbie Smith, or Todd Hardy, both commercial beekeepers in Vermont may have nucs for sale. I know Todd has a web site, but you could run a search for it at google. Also check the Pollination Home Page for other area commercial beekeepers who do pollination. Many of them also sell packages or nucs.

Hey guys,
    I see this term or name i am not sure what "midnite bees" is this a new breed? Where in Georgia can you get them?

Thanks,
    Andrey.

You might also try George Willey in NE Vermont. I bought a couple nucs from him last year and they did great. Price was comparable to a southern package too, as I recall. email me privately and I'll send you his #.

Smile

Thanks for the help, I'll follow up on the leads and post how it turns out. Lav

Regarding midnites...

click here -> http://www.yorkbee.com/prod01.htm

Big Grin

In the New Hampshire - Weekly Market Bulletin there is an ad for a limited number of 3 lb packages w/carniolan queens available 4/6 or 4/7 $50. Email me if you are interested.

I promised I'd post how things turned out. Thanks to these replies I got 3lbs of carnolian bees from Alden Marshall here in New Hampshire and I took a chance and ordered a 5lb package of midnites from Yorkbee Company in Georgia. They are due to arrive in early April.

Thanks for the help
    lav