Question

Happy New Year! New to the internet, and to bees. As of today, Jan 2, 2002, what is the latest about bees being sent by the post office vs. Fed Ex?

Hi,

Package bees should still be shipped via post office. California is the only problem place to my knowledge. But just ask the package supplier when you call and they should be able to bring you up to date on the situation. Since you are a newbee you could join biobee list:

HOW DO I SUBSCRIBE TO THE BIOLOGICAL BEEKEEPING-LIST?
    Send an email to: BiologicalBeekeeping-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
    Do not put anything in the Subject or in the body of the message.
    You will obtain an acknowledgment and you will be asked to reply to it. You
    are now a subscriber.

or go back to the home page of this site and click on digital dialog. Scroll down till you see biological beekeeping list. Then follow instructions.

Clay

Angry

Hello,
    Post office will send bees but I always have a problem with them. Every time I am getting it people in post office doing something wrong and half of the bees are dead. One time they put them upside and sirup spilled all over killing most of them. If one ever claim insurance from post office then you know it will take for ever to get you money back and they did not even pay the hole thing. There answer was: The half of the bees are alive. My point is if you order bees by mail make sure you go to the post office where you will get your bees and talk to the manager and explain the situation and likely they will do it the right way. Also, bee around the phone early in the morning because that is when they will call. The only other alternative is find local beekeeper who will sell you the bees but then you have to know if you are getting health bees.

Good luck,

Andrey.

[This message has been edited by Andrey (edited January 03, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Andrey (edited January 03, 2002).]

Cool

Thank you Audrey and Clayton - could you tell me more about California? I live in Southern Nevada and so therefore would probably be ordering bees out of California - is it just the post offices there? Any info would be appreciated.