Thread: more incomes

hoperd Guest

How to increase the income of keeping bees in U.S.A.? Besides the honey, pollen, pollinating, what else is there? I ¡®d like to discuss with everybody together on this question.
    I want to propose a suggestion, producing royal jelly. Now, Americans do not realize its value, so there is not market in U.S.A. However, we can open up this market. The royal jelly really has mysterious medical results. Its taste is not good, this can rectify flavor with the honey. When at the beginning, beekeepers can let adjacent persons try out, for example, let the person with high blood pressure or the person with low blood pressure try. Because royal jelly can reduce the high blood pressure, raise the low blood pressure. If there is curative effect, people will propagate each other. In this way people will know it, understand it and use it. In some countries of Asia and Europe, the sales volume of the royal jelly is very great. If this market is opened up and published in U.S.A, the beekeepers will increase incomes more than one time.

------------------
    http://www.yourURL.com

Curiosity of course killed the cat, but I have to ask...You registered in Nov 03 and waited till now to make your first post? You must have the patience of a saint, or you were in a coma.

Market usually dictates investment and production. Very hard to produce and invest in royal jelly if the market can not support it. You are correct in that the market needs to realize the benefits and value. Unfortunately in the U.S. we have lower markets for organic, and natural products. Other countries gladly pay for health, organic, and natural items.

If you dripped royal jelly on french fries you would make a killing.

So how do you collect Royal Jelly for production?

honeybee Guest

I would like to find out how to collect it for my familys use. Does anyone have a website that tells about producing it?

There is some info here http://www.innvista.com/health/nutrition/beeprod.htm
    I just did a search on Google for "Royal Jelly Harvesting".

hoperd Guest

Thank you for offering the useful information like this. The materials show that the market of royal jelly is very big in Japan. At present, in U.S.A., the price of the royal jelly is too expensive. This and its real value are unbecoming. If we can offer the rational price on the market, this will offer one more kind of helpful choices to American people, as well as increase incomes for the beekeepers too. Then, how to reduce the price of royal jelly? The key problem is to improve the method of producing royal jelly.
    One of the conditions of producing royal jelly is that the colony is strong. When the colony is strong, the strength of feeding of the worker bees is surplus. This will encourage swarming at the moment. Produce royal jelly to utilize the surplus strength of feeding, let surplus worker bees go and feed queen bee that assume. Producing royal jelly can reduce the urge of swarm and make strong colonies grow steadily. So say that the royal jelly is attaching the products in a group of production of bees. If management is rational, the production of royal jelly will promote the growth of the colony.
    Producing royal jelly does not need and increase too many equipment. The equipment of the producing royal jelly is simple, cheap. A herd of bees need about 10 cents probably, and the annual production of royal jelly of each herd amounts to more than 2 kilograms at least.
    Some countries of Asia produce royal jelly with an old method, the efficiency is very low. It needs a lot of manpower by grafting the larvae artificially. In American-European countries, labor costs are very expensive. This is one of the main reasons why that these countries have not developed the royal jelly production. Now, people have found the advanced method and raised the efficiency greatly, collect royal jelly mechanically. There is an apiary to teach the method of producing royal jelly in New Zealand.
    I Hope that everybody offers more NEW information and method.

It always seemed to me it could be done with some kind of mechanism, but I haven't ever seen one. Anyone else seen one?

hoperd Guest

The method of the production royal jelly is feasible. It is very high with the efficiency of collecting the royal jelly of machinery . Please discuss more from market everily. Who is the goal customer? How can open the market as soon as possible?

>>Other countries gladly pay for health, organic, and natural items.

It is sortof in their culture, that and Asia has a concentrated population base to market to.
    Really, I cant se the fesability from producing Royal Jelly in North America. With such wide spread diversity across the country, your promotion and marketing campain will be very costly

Ian

jfischer Guest

If you are considering breaking into
    the royal jelly market, you should
    talk with your local health-food store
    or "homeopathic remedy" store about
    this. The Asian imports are dirt cheap,
    and you will have a hard time competing
    with them.

That said, you can use my trick for selling
    all the pollen I care to clean and bag:

1) Buy some of whatever pollen they sell.

1a) If they don't sell pollen go to someplace
    like GNC, and buy a bottle there.

2) Make an appointment with the manager
    of the shop, and ask him/her to taste
    some of the dried-out crud you bought,
    and compare it to your fresh-from the
    freezer and nicely cleaned pollen.

There is just no contest. Pollen fresh
    from the freezer is always better.

Better still, you are selling local pollen,
    which has a reputation for being of value
    to allergy suffers. Local is better.

You can get at least double what the
    GNC charges ($12.00 for 10 oz) from the
    storekeeper as a wholesale price for
    pollen bagged in 1-lb ziplock bags.

Yep, $2.00 an ounce, wholesale, and they
    bottle it and put their label on it. Trust
    me, it is worth it, and they know it is worth it.

People who buy pollen LOVE really fresh pollen,
    but this means that you have to teach the storekeeper
    how to properly store pollen (in the freezer, in
    an open container), and to bottle pollen only upon
    request. Pollen keeps in a freezer almost forever.

>but this means that you have to teach the storekeeper
    how to properly store pollen (in the freezer, in
    an open container), and to bottle pollen only upon
    request.

Can you elaborate on that open container idea a bit, please? Won't an open container allow the pollen to pick up off flavors and odors? Will a frost free freezer desiccate pollen in an open container? How do you process the pollen before freezing?
    Thanx
    George

hoperd Guest

>The Asian imports are dirt cheap,
    and you will have a hard time competing
    with them.
    Please tell me the royal jelly wholesale price in Asia.