On many old honey frames I have purchased the comb does not extend out the same length. There are patches which are not drawn much from the foundation and in other areas on the same side of the same frame the comb may extend out 1/4 - 1/3 inch.
    How will the bees react to such patchy honey frames ? Will they draw out some of the shorter cells, ignore them or ???
    Thanks for any comments
    Bryan

I wouldn't worry about it at all, the bees will take care of the comb. The only problem would be if the comb is wavy to the point where it could affect the spacing, and make a real mess. This will happen sometimes when proper support has not been given, and the comb will warp. If this is the case it would be very obvious, if so get rid of those, and start with new sheets.

Brandon;
    Thanks for your response, I'm a little unsure what you mean by "wavy". Do you mean if the foundation below the drawn cells is broken or ???
    Thanks again for your help.

Bryan

I've had drawn frames bought at auction that did not have support pins or wire, and probably due to heat the wax warped into basically an S shape in the frame. You'll see areas that could be drawn out an inch or more, and a flat surface oon the other side that is almost even with the edge of the frame. There is no mistaking it when you see it.

When the honey flow is on and they are drawing comb and then it falls off, they just cap the foundation however far it is out. You often have some foundation with capped honey that is only a quarter of an inch thick. You also have foundation that never got honey, but is drawn a little. As Brandon says, this will just get drawn out by the bees when they need it.

Thanks for your clarification, I understand now. Sorry for the "green" questions but up here I've still got a month to get everything ready and I appreciate all your help.

Bryan

Don't apologize for "green" questions. That's what "Beekeeping 101" means.