Thread: magazines

Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)

Cool

Hi

I am interested in subscribing to a magazine and I hesitate between the American Bee Journal and Bee-culture magazine. They both seem interesting for what I can see from the net.

I would like to have your opinion on that. Which one would someone with a good basic knowledge about bees and beekeeping would prefer ?

Hugo
    Alma, Quebec

Well, I like both. But prefer ABJ personally as it is a little more in depth more in line for beekeepers with some experience. Bee culture is good but I think more geared for the hobbiest. ABJ seems to cover a broader range though in my POV. Both are good however and you will be happy with either I bet.

Clay

I'll agree with Clay,I take them both & prefer ABJ myself.>>>>Mark

mmundy Guest

I was on the verge of subscribing to a magazine when I found Beesource.com!!! Haven't felt the need since...

Big Grin

I get and read both.
    Clint

------------------
    Clinton Bemrose
    just South of Lansing Michigan

In my humble opinion:

American Bee Journal---more geared to the professional, experienced beekeeper, perhaps even more to commercial beekeeping.

Bee Culture----Great for hobbiest, interesting for everybody. Much more step by step instructions on things you will be trying.

I get both, check the mail more around the end of the month/ beginning of the month just waiting for the next edition of both.

I haven't seen/read the Speedy Bee, a monthly beekeeper newspaper out of Georgia. Has anyone subscribed to this and have an opinion on it?

When facing the same dilemma, I chose to subscribe to Bee Culture. Have been getting it for 7 years now and enjoy going through the old mags during the winter.
    Denise

Bee Culture is geared more towards the backyard beekeeper.

Some international publications are good to give you perspective and new ideas.

Maybe we should start an old magazine swap! I see someone else has started a seed swap.

I have a lot of American Bee Journals from the late seventies to the late eighties. I have duplicates of many of them because of donations from other people that duplicated mine. I would trade them to anyone has some Bee Cultures or other books or magazines they want to part with.

Jonquière, Quebec (ABOVE 48th parallel North!!)

Big Grin

Since I can't afford the two magazines, I think I will begin with Bee-culture.

Hugo