Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC beekeepers

Tulip poplar in bloom here. 1 hive has got almost 2 supers filled. If I can keep the bees from swarming I think that this is going to be a good year.

Everything seems to be going good here. Poplar in bloom, blackberries, and clover. Going to check them soon to see how their doing. How about everyone else?

How is everybody doing so far this spring? My bees are very busy, but havent filled the super yet. Had a few problems, but still hopefull. If I dont get anything down here off the poplar at least i still have the chance for mountain sourwood. Is anybody else having problems or is just me???

btt

The flow is on, but the bees do not seem to be doing much. I believe that the flow must have been hindered some from the dry conditions.
    Looks like another bummer of a year.

Where I'm at it's going to be a good year. I've got 3 hives with 11 supers divided among the 3 according to their strength. 1 hive has seven full supers on it now. Wed. I had to put a super of foundation on that hive. From here on out all I've got are supers full of foundation. Now it's wait and see how many supers of foundation they will draw until the flow ends.

[This message has been edited by dp (edited May 14, 2004).]