Big Grin

Hi all,

Hope You've all had a great weekend. Temps were great on Saturday so I checked on the hive. They survived their first winter. Spotted the queen but she wasn't laying yet.
    THere are a few frames in the brood chamber that are empty for her. It seems that the cluster never made it to the top food chamber. Its still full with honey and there are still 2-3 frames of honey in the brood chamber they are just getting into.
    It seems to me that this is a good sign but I want to bounce it off of you guys. Don't wanna get too overconfident and do something stupid. With all this honey still in the hive, will I have to feed to stimulate the queen to lay? I was planning to before I opened the hive but I don;t think its necessary now. Opinions?

THanks!

Big Grin

Congrats! I'll bet you sleep well tonight! How big was the cluster and what kind of queen do you have?

Congrats to your girls!

My bees were out over the weekend too. About 60 today....

I had one hive that I described as being on the brink, last week.... That colony showed the most activity today...

I'm having to bait the varmits because they're after my hives. They're taking the bait, I just hope it run them off.

I know how it made me feel to know they've made it,.... At ease.

Thanks!

I have an Italian queen. The cluster was fairly large taking up the center 6-7 frames. This is my queens second year. Hopefully she'll be as productive as last year.

Mike