I lost a hive to mice last Fall. My question is, what about the comb? Can I just give it to another hive, or should I melt it down?

Terri, The comb is fine to use, just keep in mind that any area the mice removed will be replaced with Drone comb. Not a big deal.

Like Joel said they will rebuild the areas the mice chewed up. If you have plastic foundation it will be drawn back mostly correct. If the frames had wax foundation the bees will make the amount of drone comb they want then quit. So they may not replace all the holes with drone comb.

Bees are usually looking for a place to build drone comb and since we give them foundation that's all worker, they do tend to fill gaps with drone. But as Hillbillynursery says, once they have enough they will fill them with worker comb.

If the combs reek of the smell of mice I sometimes scrap them, but usually I just use them.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF