Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

can you help me

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  beekid 
G
#1 ·
Can anybody tell me of a good place to buy equipment.I'm not able to pay more then $350 is that too little.
Thanx,
Daniel A.
BeeKid

#2 ·
Hello Daniel,

I am not an expert, as I only started keeping bees with one hive this year. I have done a lot of shopping for equipment, however. I like Brushy Mountain Bee Farm very much(www.beeequipment.com). For you in New York you may want to try Betterbee, Inc. You can reach them at 1-800-632-3379. Mann Lake is also good(www.mannlakeltd.com). These are all good and prices are relatively the same. Betterbee would probably be cheaper for you because of the shipping costs, since you are closer to them. You can easily get a two story hive,slatted rack, and a couple of honey supers plus bees for $350, probably with some change to spare. Call or e-mail them and get some catalogs and check them out. Order your equipment asap so you will have all winter to assemble and paint it. Also reserve your bees asap.

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.