I have three hives overwintered in two deeps each. Tomorrow I plan to remove the bottom deep on each (depending on where cluster is) and put one or two mediums (depending on strength of colonies) of permacomb up top.

I will have a number of deep frames still with honey. My plan was to set up a hive about 50yds away with the excess honey, maybe bait it a little, and let it get robbed out (hopefully by my bees). Is that a good idea, or is there a better way?

Not a bad idea. The further from the hives, the better (within reason of course). Sometimes it sets off robbing, so you might want to proactively reduce the entrances on the hives so they can't do as much of that.

PS. I think you'll really like not having to lift those deeps.

I don't believe in purposeful open robbing. Why not extract these frames ?

But of course, I also don't believe in mediums for brood chambers, or any type of plastic comb, so why listen to me ??? right Michael ???

>I don't believe in purposeful open robbing.

Sometimes it sets off more robbing.

>Why not extract these frames ?

If you have an extractor. Or how about uncapping and putting them over the inner cover and see if the bees will move it down?

>But of course, I also don't believe in mediums for brood chambers, or any type of plastic comb, so why listen to me ???

I always listen to you. I think you're a very wise beekeeper. But Then I also like mediums for everything and plastic comb.

But I'm also experimenting with Dadant deeps because of you.

Also, I would say, if it weren't for the lifting I would run nothing but Dadant deeps or standard deeps.