How bad did I mess things up by adding the second deep way too early? I added the second deep two weeks ago after hiving my bees for only three weeks . Upon inspection today, there was absolutely nothing in the second deep-just empty foundation. What I thought was "fully drawn" foundation two weeks ago was an illusion. I remember that two weeks ago I saw comb, but it looked nothing like it did today--thick and filled with honey and brood. In retrospect, the comb was not fully drawn two weeks ago. I removed the second deep and will put it back when the 7th frame looks like the others. The bees really schooled me today. Your thoughts, please.

It happens, get used to it.

I'm in my second year of beekeeping with two hives. They survived me and are doing well. They are pretty resilient critters. I'm sure they will be fine. What part of Texas are you in? I'm close to Galveston.
    James

They just worked a bit harder to maintain the heat and humidity they needed. The bees are very resiliant. In a hollow tree they would have been stuck heating and humidifying whatever happened to be there without a kind beekeeper to adjust the space for them.

>They survived me and are doing well. <

Tee Hee, I hope my bees survive me and continue on...just not yet. Are you still claiming to be writing from Texas?

Dick, I'm not sure what you mean. I have an e mail address here and I'd be glad to talk to you off the forum.
    James
    Santa Fe Texas