Checked hives this morning. The super that was almost full but not quite comletely capped last week was 3/4 empty today. My other somewhat weaker hive yeilded a couple frames of cut comb honey. The weather has been decent the past week, I dont think they should have eaten that much. I have noticed a decline in flyers out of the first hive. Would it be logical to deduce that I have had a swarm sometime while I was at work this week?

Look for queen cells and also for dismantled cells as they they them down when the queen emerges.

You will normally see either queen cells within days of the swarm or dismantled cells several/3-5 days after the swarm. Egg laying also stops as the new queen go on her mating flight and lack of eggs can be for 7-10 days and longer. Noticing the effect of a lost swarm is easy. Much easier than sometimes noticing the preparation for a swarm ahead of time.

I agree with Bjorn. Check for cells. Probably it was a swarm, but you should always try to acertain the facts. Sometimes it's something else.