I remember reading on Beesource Forums, Cant remember where. But anyway someone was trying a TBH with a complete four sided frame instead of just the top bar. It was shaped to fit the side angles and allow the right bee space to prevent burr comb. Anyone here try that and if so how did it work out? I guess the reason was to strenghten the comb once it was drawn out to the bottom of the frame and to promote a uniform comb.Anyone remember this? There were pictures of it also. Thanks Rob-bee
I thought about doing that, never did. And now I have decided that it would not be worth the effort. Once the hive is established, and has drawn some nice straight comb everything seems to just fall into place with minimal intervention. I get very little side attachment and very few burs between combs. What does get built only tales a few seconds to remove and makes a nice snack while working the hives [img]smile.gif[/img] .
I'm with limulus. I've thought about it, but never got around to it. Just the top bars in a square sided hive work fine. I have thought about making a solid (no gap) top bar on medium frames which would fit my TTBHs, but so far it hasn't made it to the top of the list of things to do. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'm more motivated to build a copy of the Huber leaf hive and I can't find the time for that either. I decided I would two years ago, but can't seem to get to it.