I have had grape vines here for about 8 years now. I really don't do anthing with them but tie em up to a fence and trim em every now and then. They always do great though, tons of grapes. I never pick em, I usually just let them rot on the vine. It seemed a shame. So I decided this year to try and turn em into wine. So, can someone tell me why, even with all the rain we're gettn, the grapes are going from green, unripe grapes to raisins in a few days?
Could it be the mold? do they have black spots?
fungicide would be bout too late now for them but cut it way back after it's dormant and you may have to use it.
[This message has been edited by Daisy (edited July 15, 2004).]
It is a fungus, treat them with wettable captan. I am afraid I can't remember what the fungus is called though.
No, they aren't spotty just shriveling up.
What is "wettable captan" and is it ok to use around the bees?