Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Honey Spinner extractor

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Saltybee 
#1 ·
Looking at buying my first extractor and was wanting to know if anybody has use one called a Honey spinner. Look like 3 5 gal buckets put togeather, the top one is where the frames are spun out using a drill to drive the spinner, the second bucket has a filter in it, and the third bucket is where the Honey drains into.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

#3 ·
DJS: I was perusing the internet and found your post. I happen to manufacture the Honey Spinner ORIGINAL and MINI that you speak of.

For the Honey Spinner ORIGINAL,the top two buckets contain the mandrel with honey frames. The bottom bucket has a filter at the top and contains the honey. The axle/ mandrel is supported and centered in the middle bucket with a part that functions as a plain thrust bearing. The thrust bearing is lubricated with honey.

More information can be found at:
http://www.honeyspinner.com/faq.html

#4 ·
I built one, it works. You can blow out a deep if your not careful. (Or just want to see how fast you can go before it explodes) Buy or build depends on tools available and how much you want to play around. You will not make an extra bank deposit from building your own. Way ahead of crushing as you save the comb. Less mess. You can do extraction more often, as soon as it is capped and recycle the frames for a cleanup and refill by the bees.

It is quick to set up and put away. Stores easily. You are not going to go into honey business with one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.